Please help!! "Newly we'd seeking advice"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeloo

Hello, I am a newly we'd that Is desperate for some legal advice. I just got married 1 week ago to the man of my dreams, the person that I thought I would spend the rest of my life with. We both got married in the state of Hawaii. It has been 1 week into our marriage and he is already saying that he wants a divorce!!! To explain more My new husband has just recently been through a messy divorce involving children. He has been very emotional about it for the past 9 months. His ex wife just found out that we got married and now she is saying that she will do anything to get there family back together including moving back in with him. My husbands reasoning for the divorce is because he believes that he is not ready for another marriage and wants to fix things with his ex(after the fact we just got married). I'm in desperate need for some advice!! I'm technically his new wife and I needed to know if he has the grounds to get an annulment of divorce in the state of Hawaii? I don't want a divorce, I believe that a part of himself is very irrational and not thinking things through. Can he complain for irreconcilable differences?? Is he able to get an annulment? I've read all the requirements for annulment and irreconcilable differences and we do not fit under those categories to file for the annulment or divorce. Can I fight him in court even though it has only been a week of our marriage? Please help!!

Your not technically his wife you ARE his wife! Annulment is very difficult to get and you MUST meet certain criteria. Talk to a local Attorney for the qualifications for annulment. Yes you can Divorce and should. Even if he changes his mind its clear he is not what you thought.

No fault divorce?

Are you saying that he can simply go to court and divorce me under one of the no fault divorce reasons in our state and have me off his hands? What If I don't agree to the irreconcilable differences or his reasoning for divorce is not true?? I'm just in a really tight corner and none of this is fair to me. He dragged me into this whole marriage/ divorce. Isn't there something I can do or complain about on my side?? I really don't want the divorce, I want to try and make things work.

I understand your hurt but its better if it ends now than later. Yes he can Divorce you and yes you can contest but its not likely going to do any good. Even if he were denied Divorce courts cannot make him live with you.

If you like visit http://www.parentnook.com/forum/ its a parenting and relationship forum affiliated with this site. There you can find other men and women who have been hurt by a loved one and learn how they coped with issue. You can also help others there with your experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back