please help, i need some advice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeneyes

hello, im new to this..i am having a problem....and dont really know what to do

ok..my friend, well ex-boyfriends mom called me up a few days ago telling me that they got their recent phone bill and it was up to 600 dollars...she said that most of the calls were coming from my phone number and is expecting me to pay for half of it...yes, they do have 3 phones on their plan and yes i did call a lot..and texted but my friend/ex-boyfriend DID answer the phone...and they are going about it like its all my fault...could they take me to small claims court and win over this if i refuse to pay for it...

Anyone can sue anyone else for anything. But, I doubt they'd win. If your Ex did nothing to curtail the costs (by telling you not to call, etc.), and actually answered the phone, then they need to talk to HIM - not you.

I cannot imagine they would prevail in small claims court. I suspect they are just trying to recoup part of the costs and hoping you'll pay.

- Carl

what surprises me is that my friends dad is a lawyer...im hoping they will come to their senses and not make me pay.....they are just pissed about how high it is ...and they dont like me so i guess they are looking to blame someone....and now my friend wont talk to me because of all this and he thinks its my fault too and he wont even consider helping pay for it...even though its his phone...and he answered

That's just dumb.

I'm no lawyer, but I do believe it takes two to converse :yes:

Don't let intimidation scare you into paying something you shouldn't have to.

I highly doubt that would hold up in court lol. My guess is that unless they could prove that you forced him to stay on the phone, it is not your responsibility lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back