Please advise...my mother has been held

Status
Not open for further replies.

djbaker1969

at a state run mental institution for three years, finally, now they believe she has been stabilized enough to release her - but she needs to be placed in a nursing home. She is currently on medicaid. I wish to somehow have her moved to NJ:

1) Must I have a POA to hire an attorney (I do not currently have one and I doubt she'd give me one due to mental health issues).

2) Can a NJ attorney get her approved for medicaid in NJ and place her in a proper nursing home?

3) Ballpark figure - how much would it cost to have an attorney get her medicaid transferred to NJ and have her placed in a nursing home (also what kind of timeline are we looking at?)?

Please help, I live three hours from where my mother is and thats the area where they would place her in a nursing home. I do not have the time to visit her as much as she needs.

Thanks

You really don't need an attoreny to get her approved for Medicaid. However, what you probably need is a guardianship and for that you do need an attorney. She should have a caseworker that can assist you with these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back