Pictures without permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaShaine

My brother-in-law got a strange e-mail yesterday that had what appeared to be me in a rather, well, less than what you'd want public situation.

I'm not sure who sent it, there was nothing in the message body, recipients were undisclosed. He even tried to track the ip address but it came up with nothing. There was a text attachment with an e-mail address in it only, but I have no idea who it is.And he doesn't either. He emailed it back asking if they sent it, but haven't got a response. I'm not even sure if it was meant for him or My sister. What can I do about this legally. This can ruin my career. Please help.

If you're the one in the compromising position depicted on the photo, you should know when and where the picture was taken and who took it. Unless you were in an inebriated state. The picture might have been photo shopped. Obviously, if there is no explanation, someone has an axe to grind with you. Your spouse might already have the picture as well as many other unknown (to you) recipients. I suggest you speak with a local attorney, someone has gone to great lengths to OUT or EXPOSE you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused, and please don't take this wrong; but do you have so many of those pictures floating around that you can't look at it and remember who took it?

Unfortunately, unless it is being used commercially or to blackmail you, you can do nothing. You gave up your right to privacy when you allowed someone to take the picture and keep it. Sorry.

From what you're telling us, I'm assuming the picture is authentic and hasn't been created or modified using an image editing software. Apparently someone may have recognized you and snapped the photo, e.g. while you were intoxicated outside the local Kwickie Mart. Is this correct?

If so, you've got an unfortunate problem that I wish I could offer insight in addition to the great comments already posted. My feeling is that you haven't yet been "threatened" or "extorted" in the true senses of those words. This is not an issue which you can go to the police for or a district attorney. A picture was sent that someone took and they haven't answered back yet - and the picture was taken in a public place, not private.

Your best bet is probably to stay calm and see if you can determine who may have sent the photo without legal intervention. If needed, you may have a very costly endeavor since an information subpoena might be necessary to obtain information that may take a long time to get and may not even be useful. Frequently you're needing to obtain a chain of information to piece together. If this is necessary, you may wish to hire an attorney for the purpose of sending a preservation letter to the company that administers the email account (I am assuming it is a hotmail, yahoo or other free email service) in order to notify them to preserve IP and other potentially identifying information and then move along the path from there. I wish you the best of luck with this.

Picture without Permission

I appreciate the advise and I will go get a lawyer. I'm studying to be a lawyer and if this were to get out, well you know what can happen. If you or anyone else has anymore information then please let me know.

I have NEVER EVER had pictures like this took of myself. This was done without my Knowledge or my Permission!

My sister just told me while I was reading this that she seen the picture and she could tell it was not me. The girls body and my body isn't the same. So someone has copy and pasted my head to snother body. So someone is out to get me and destroy my career and my family. So now what can I do?

This changes the picture completely.

1. A photoshopped / edited picture should not affect your career and is easily explained. It's not a real picture.

2. The amount of money it might take to find out who did it is probably more than it is worth. How much damages have been caused as a result of sending this picture? A few hundred, let's say? If so, that's not nearly enough to do all the things we discussed.

Are they nudes? If so, it won't ruin your chances of being a lawyer. We embrace that sort of thing. If they're pics of "you" doing illegal things, then you can worry. The nudes will probably only come out if you run for political office :)

Are they nudes? If so, it won't ruin your chances of being a lawyer. We embrace that sort of thing. If they're pics of "you" doing illegal things, then you can worry. The nudes will probably only come out if you run for political office :)

As will the girlfriends/paramours. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back