Pictures Permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatening

Hello,

I am starting a free public informational website in New York.
1) Do you need permission for taking pictures of any business or property and posting the pictures on the website?
2) Can you allow users of your website to upload their own pictures of the business or property?
3) Am I obligated to take down any pictures, reviews, or comments if the owner of the business requests for me to take them down. (I heard only if you began to moderate the reviews and comments, otherwise you don't)

Thank you,
Spencer

1) Do you need permission for taking pictures of any business or property and posting the pictures on the website?

A: Generally, you can take pictures of anything in the public eye. However, there are certain businesses and buildings which are so famous that they require you to get permission.

2) Can you allow users of your website to upload their own pictures of the business or property?

A: Yes, but see the answer to number one.

3) Am I obligated to take down any pictures, reviews, or comments if the owner of the business requests for me to take them down. (I heard only if you began to moderate the reviews and comments, otherwise you don't)

A: I don't know if you are obligated but you'd be smart to take them down till things get settled.

NOTE: I AM NOT AN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWYER. GET ADVICE FROM SUCH AN ATTORNEY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back