Physicians Ofc billing parent providing insurance for balance of bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillingHelp

I have an under-age child that I include on my medical insurance plan. The custodial parent took child to ER and did not update guarantor information for facility or physicians. I had taken child to this facility 9 yrs ago and they are using that information. The custodial parent is not making the co-payments and I'm being billed for balance. Facility billing was taken care of after I received a form to switch the responsible party. The Physicians group mailed the custodial parent a form but it is not being returned. Now I'm being threatened with court and legal action from the Physicians Group.
I do not understand why I'm the one being billed when I did not indicate myself as the responsible party for any amount due after insurance. Every medical facility and doctors office I visit requires me to update my information each year. Why didn't this facility? Shouldn't they? Do I have any recourse if the non-custodial parent does nothing? Is the only way out to take one of these parties to court myself? Appreciate advice.

How much is involved? If its $100 (or thereabouts), pay it. Avoid the hassle.

Sent from my iPhone 4S via AT&T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back