Physically attacked at work

B.Reynolds

I'm not sure where to exactly put ask this question, but I was physically attacked at my job by a parent. I am a teacher, and right before Christmas break a parent was able to get to my room and attack me. My school has not really done anything. I met with the CEO and principal of the school and when I asked about getting paid time off he went on to say something about me teaching virtually. I was only able to actually get it because I spoke with the principal about it after the meeting. Do I have a case against the school with this situation?

I'm not sure where to exactly put ask this question, but I was physically attacked at my job by a parent. I am a teacher, and right before Christmas break a parent was able to get to my room and attack me. My school has not really done anything. I met with the CEO and principal of the school and when I asked about getting paid time off he went on to say something about me teaching virtually. I was only able to actually get it because I spoke with the principal about it after the meeting. Do I have a case against the school with this situation?

What US state?
What should the school have done that they haven't done?

My school has not really done anything.

What is it that you expect the school to do?

I met with the CEO and principal of the school and when I asked about getting paid time off he went on to say something about me teaching virtually.

Why do you need paid time off? I ask because being "attacked" could result in anything ranging from death to absolutely no injuries. Does your contract have any provision for paid time off?

Do I have a case against the school with this situation?

A case of what? What legal wrong do you believe the school committed?

Back