1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Photography

Discussion in 'Copyright, Trademark, Patent Law' started by plumbgood, Nov 21, 2016.

1. plumbgood

plumbgood Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Florida
    If I take a picture of our stadium ( outside ) with the Jaquar statue from the parking lot that anyone can go into, can I sell that picture if someone wanted to buy it?

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

You can sell anything if you find a person desperate to buy whatever it is you're selling.

Now, the holder of the trademark or servicemark to the Jaguar may have other ideas, because they aren't getting some of your hot photo action.

3. Michael Wechsler

Michael Wechsler Administrator Staff Member

You may have issues with the stadium and the jaguar statute - and I'm guessing you're talking about "Touchdown", the jaguar who sits outside of the stadium where the Jacksonville Jaguars play football. It's a good question and can't say for sure. My understanding is that simply because a piece of art is made available for viewing in public does not mean that the owner has abandoned rights in copyright or other intellectual property rights. And this issue may be determined on a case by case basis.