Copyright Photography and Song Titles

G

I am a practicing photographer and I get a lot of influence from the music I listen to it. Some pictures I take are directly derived from how I interpret the meaning of the song. So, to add deeper meaning for people who view my work I title the picture after the song. This is how I type the title of the song "Somewhat Damaged" or "Middle of the Road" in quotes, is this going to cause me to have legal problems in the future with copyright or do the quotation do the job?

I am a practicing photographer and I get a lot of influence from the music I listen to it. Some pictures I take are directly derived from how I interpret the meaning of the song. So, to add deeper meaning for people who view my work I title the picture after the song. This is how I type the title of the song "Somewhat Damaged" or "Middle of the Road" in quotes, is this going to cause me to have legal problems in the future with copyright or do the quotation do the job?

Generally speaking, I see no specific problem with what you purport you do.
I'm also not a performing artist, producer, or song writer.
If one of the above has a problem with what you're doing, trust me, they'll contact you.

Back