Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft petty theft

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a lawyer now. he went in court for me ....plea of not guilty, demand for jury trial
and speedy trial
Now---i got some other letter.... with a pre trial date and a jury trial date
What is a pre trial? What is going to happen there? It says that i must be there at the pre-trial conference...they are going to interrogate me? Can I have the sentence then?
Can everything be finished there? I don't want to go in a trial.... is to expensive and to stressful

i have lawyer ,but he is not in his office till close to the pretrial date
thesame questions
What is a pre trial? What is going to happen there? It says that i must be there at the pre-trial conference...they are going to interrogate me? Can I have the sentence then?
Can everything be finished there? I don't want to go in a trial.... is too expensive and too stressful

At pre-trial, most likely, some kind of plea deal will be set and you will likely plead guilty to a lesser charge.

As it's a criminal case, you won't be interrogated by the other side.

It is highly unlikely you will be sentenced at the pre-trial conference.

Many states list "concealment" as the crime of theft as well. Which is why I said all the things on your list were pretty much samething.

in the citation that i got it says...misdemeanor citation....vio#1 petty theft code section18-2407(2)......at the trial can they change the charge with something else (worst)? i didn't do anything else...i am just waiting in the house for the date of the pretrial conference....but i just wondering if this is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back