Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft petty theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

madyydam

i am charged with petty theft. On sat I went to Costco store in Nampa where I wanted to buy an item (120$), but first I wanted to show my husband, I took it out to the store and a man saw me and asked me to came to his office. He took all my information and he said there is no need to call the police. He followed me to the car. He saw that I had some other things from Costco there, (some dvds, gifts for my son, from family), he took those things inside, then he give them back to me saying that he can't accuse me that I took those too. On Monday morning, a police officer was at my door with a citation, (even though he said there is no need for the police to get involved) to be in court in a week.do I need a lawyer? What are my rights/what is going to happen to me?I will go to jail? Do i need to pay a fine, go to jail?
What are the consequences of a guilty plea? Is this going to stay on my records?

haw long is going to be the jail time? why the police officer didn't arrest me when he came at my door?
The odds of you going to jail are very slim

Expect the following when you go to court
--Fines
--Community Service
--Probation

do I need a lawyer
Going into court without one would be foolish

If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed
for you. This will be the Public Defender

Do you know how long it takes till everything is done? I mean till they give me a sentence? How many hearings it will be? Do i have to do that community service right the way?

Once you plead guilty or no contest its over no more hearings and you should be sentenced then. If you strike a plead deal then you will already know sentence

when do i have to pay that?how much do you think will be?

i am still thinking why they didn't call the police then?why do you think?

thank you very very
much

Civil Demand is pretty much a given and has nothing to do with court or Police. It will be between $50.00 and $1000.00 or whatever you states limits are. Depending on dollar value of what you stole will help decide Civil Demand amount

can i pay instead of doing Community Service?like another fine
do i have topay something for the probation time?do i have to go in front of officer every week?

can i pay instead of doing Community Service?like another fine

That hasn't been my experience.But a smart idea is to see if you can set up your own community service, and do something more meaningful than janitorial duties, etc. See if you can do your service at a place like The Red Cross, if one is near you.

do i have topay something for the probation time?

In my experience, that always happens. Look at $50-$100/month. However, you will likely not have to pay all at once, just per visit.

do i have to go in front of officer every week?

That depends on the Judge, but I doubt it. Probably once a month. Once a week is usually people that are there for special drug courts for substance abuse issues.

The CS will vary especially since you want to exchange CS for fines etc. Leaving the state is up to judge as well. However I suspect you will get "summary" probabtion which requires no reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back