Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Petty larceny

J

Jeanette Shelton

Jurisdiction
Oklahoma
I gave a woman a ride one day to be store and she said she would buy me gas for taking her. I stopped at the store of her choice she went in paid for $15 gas. I pumped the gas . after I got home police officers came and said a stolen credit card was used and they wrote me a ticket for petty larceny because the licenses plate came back in my name and I pumped the gas. When my wife got off work she and I went back to the store and we paid for the gas and I have the receipt. I have never been in trouble before in my life for nothing. I don't know what to do or what's going to happen. Can you tell me what to do or suggest what I can do when I go to court I'm very confused.
I'm also worried about losing my job over this. I had no idea that this woman was using a stolen credit card or using a credit card at all please help me

The court is not going to care if you went back and paid for the gas. You are also facing much more serious charges for using a stolen credit card and possibly for possession of the stolen card.

You need professional legal counsel.

Finally, why are you picking up strangers on the street and driving them places? That seems like an invitation to trouble.

Your best bet is to talk to a lawyer. Good luck.

I gave a woman a ride one day to be store and she said she would buy me gas for taking her. I stopped at the store of her choice she went in paid for $15 gas. I pumped the gas . after I got home police officers came and said a stolen credit card was used and they wrote me a ticket for petty larceny because the licenses plate came back in my name and I pumped the gas. When my wife got off work she and I went back to the store and we paid for the gas and I have the receipt. I have never been in trouble before in my life for nothing. I don't know what to do or what's going to happen. Can you tell me what to do or suggest what I can do when I go to court I'm very confused.
I'm also worried about losing my job over this. I had no idea that this woman was using a stolen credit card or using a credit card at all please help me
I did not use a stolen credit card the woman did. all i did was pump the gas she paid for. as I said in my post above. I did not know she ws even useing a credit card

I did not use a stolen credit card the woman did. all i did was pump the gas she paid for. as I said in my post above. I did not know she ws even useing a credit card

Simply remain silent about this from this point forward.
Talk only to your lawyer.
The time will come, THROUGH YOUR LAWYER, to help the police nab the real thief.
If you cooperate, chances are this will go away.
But, for now, plead NOT guilty, ask if you qualify for a public defender, admi to nothing, discuss nothing, except to say, "I will remain silent, and talk only to my lawyer."

Once you meet with the lawyer, YOUR lawyer, ask him or her how you can cooperate with the police to nab the culprit and clear your name.

Heres your problem the gas was bought for YOUR car paid for by a person you WERE with! If this person you picked up states you knew your dead where you stand as its your word against hers. Do NOT answer any Police questions. If asked anything your reply should be I wish to exercise my right to have an Attorney present during questioning therefore I am remaining silent

Back