Petition for Adjudication of Dependency & Neglect to Transfer Temporary Legal Custody

Makaylia

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
Hi there, my name is Makaylia. And I have had my kids took away but I feel like I was done so bad and had an unfair case and I was just wondering if I could have some advice and see what I should do next. Okay, I am gonna start at the beginning. I lost custody of my 4year old 3 years ago, cause I was addicted to drugs. I knew I wasn't capable to be the mom I could be so I left custody with my mom. Till I was ready to commit to my daughter. I rather her be with family then states custody. I got pregnant again just a year ago. But I didn't know I was pregnant till I was 25 weeks. My periods were irregular, I literally had no symptoms. But when I found out I was pregnant I had to confirm I was pregnant before the doctors would ever schedule me. I failed the first drug test at my OBGYN. I failed for THC, alcohol and buprenorphine. And I don't drink what so ever. I will not admit to doing something I didn't do. They were suppose to make a note inside my chart, but never did. So my OBGYN had to send me to a high risk doctor in Knoxville for an appointment, because I was taking buprenorphine(suboxone). Well they said at UT high risk pregnancy that I should be put on Subutex till i have the baby, because they were worried about the baby withdrawing. So I started receiving a script for subutex. During my pregnancy I was passing a drug test for Westbrook Medical Center every month and my OBGYN at least every other week. And I stayed clean my whole pregnancy I got my medical records from my doctor for proof. On June 4, 2019 I went into labor at Hamblen County hospital, they drug tested me as soon as I walked threw the door at 6:28am and i passed the drug test, I only had subutex in my system. I was i active labor, my last birth I didn't feel anything no contractions or anything. But this time my water broke, and I was in labor, my contractions were every two minutes apart. I had to have a C-section, because my first birth was a C-section. But I had to have something for anxiety and for motion sickness during surgery. And they didn't giving me anything like my first doctor did. But they kept putting medicine in my iv during surgery and I had a allergic reaction to it ad my arm swelled up and had white patches everywhere and the I started getting sick and after that my anxiety was to bad at that point. they ended up having to put me to sleep to finish the C-section. Well because i had an anxiety attack they thought i got high in the hospital so they drug tested me again. and i failed for amphetamine. and I would not stay clean for a year just to get high in the hospital. but my doctor never told me of course the social worker from the hospital did and of course when I told them that was impossible for them to do a blood work she said it was to late. but were I didn't have my 4 year old back dcs had to do a route check in and the baby came out with withdraws because of the subutec they had me on and because she came out with withdraws I got her took away they said. the only thing they found i her umbilical cord, was suboxone and THC. but the baby had to get transfered to childs hospital and she stayed there for like 3 weeks. dcs meet me up there the 2 week and said that I couldn't keep her, and I wasn't aloud to stay at childs with her anymore. so she was there alone. and dcs said that my mom couldn't keep her bc they said that i was living with my mom and my 4 year old and i am suppose to be on supervised visits. but that wasn't the case i was living with my sister, and when i was in the hospital her husband and a very bad car wreck and was in it so mom was gonna move in with her to help her out and i moved with my aunt. My brother got her but some how his girlfriend got a say in this to and she has fallen in love with my baby and will hardly ever let me see her. i have text messages to prove it. but when i went to court i done EVERY single thing they asked me to do, i got a mental health assessment at health connect , i had a a7d assessment at ensemble recovery, did my parenting classes at Helen Ross McNabb and paid for these assessment out of pocket which was $150 for both and i went into the court house and passed every drug test they threw at me. i was working a good job i didn't everything i was told and the judge said well you just did to prove to be the baby will be okay i your care. how can i do that when i don't even get to see my daughter but every other month or so Its killing ,me so bad my baby was ripped from my arms literally and my brothers girlfriend is not going to give her back without a fight she post pictures of her and my baby everyday and i just need some help so bad!!!!!! I have document, text messages, witnesses. and its like no matter what the court will always see me as a drug addict no matter how much i have changed i am the bad guy and its not fair.

If you desire to overcome your issues you need to hire a lawyer and seek drug addiction counseling and in patient rehab.

Good luck.

Hi there, my name is Makaylia. And I have had my kids took away but I feel like I was done so bad and had an unfair case and I was just wondering if I could have some advice and see what I should do next. Okay, I am gonna start at the beginning. I lost custody of my 4year old 3 years ago, cause I was addicted to drugs. I knew I wasn't capable to be the mom I could be so I left custody with my mom. Till I was ready to commit to my daughter. I rather her be with family then states custody.

I got pregnant again just a year ago. But I didn't know I was pregnant till I was 25 weeks. My periods were irregular, I literally had no symptoms. But when I found out I was pregnant I had to confirm I was pregnant before the doctors would ever schedule me. I failed the first drug test at my OBGYN. I failed for THC, alcohol and buprenorphine. And I don't drink what so ever. I will not admit to doing something I didn't do. They were suppose to make a note inside my chart, but never did. So my OBGYN had to send me to a high risk doctor in Knoxville for an appointment, because I was taking buprenorphine(suboxone).

Well they said at UT high risk pregnancy that I should be put on Subutex till i have the baby, because they were worried about the baby withdrawing. So I started receiving a script for subutex. During my pregnancy I was passing a drug test for Westbrook Medical Center every month and my OBGYN at least every other week. And I stayed clean my whole pregnancy I got my medical records from my doctor for proof.

On June 4, 2019 I went into labor at Hamblen County hospital, they drug tested me as soon as I walked threw the door at 6:28am and i passed the drug test, I only had subutex in my system. I was i active labor, my last birth I didn't feel anything no contractions or anything. But this time my water broke, and I was in labor, my contractions were every two minutes apart. I had to have a C-section, because my first birth was a C-section. But I had to have something for anxiety and for motion sickness during surgery. And they didn't giving me anything like my first doctor did. But they kept putting medicine in my iv during surgery and I had a allergic reaction to it ad my arm swelled up and had white patches everywhere and the I started getting sick and after that my anxiety was to bad at that point. they ended up having to put me to sleep to finish the C-section.

Well because i had an anxiety attack they thought i got high in the hospital so they drug tested me again. and i failed for amphetamine. and I would not stay clean for a year just to get high in the hospital. but my doctor never told me of course the social worker from the hospital did and of course when I told them that was impossible for them to do a blood work she said it was to late. but were I didn't have my 4 year old back dcs had to do a route check in and the baby came out with withdraws because of the subutec they had me on and because she came out with withdraws I got her took away they said. the only thing they found i her umbilical cord, was suboxone and THC. but the baby had to get transfered to childs hospital and she stayed there for like 3 weeks. dcs meet me up there the 2 week and said that I couldn't keep her, and I wasn't aloud to stay at childs with her anymore. so she was there alone. and dcs said that my mom couldn't keep her bc they said that i was living with my mom and my 4 year old and i am suppose to be on supervised visits. but that wasn't the case i was living with my sister, and when i was in the hospital her husband and a very bad car wreck and was in it so mom was gonna move in with her to help her out and i moved with my aunt.

My brother got her but some how his girlfriend got a say in this to and she has fallen in love with my baby and will hardly ever let me see her. i have text messages to prove it. but when i went to court i done EVERY single thing they asked me to do, i got a mental health assessment at health connect , i had a a7d assessment at ensemble recovery, did my parenting classes at Helen Ross McNabb and paid for these assessment out of pocket which was $150 for both and i went into the court house and passed every drug test they threw at me. i was working a good job i didn't everything i was told and the judge said well you just did to prove to be the baby will be okay i your care. how can i do that when i don't even get to see my daughter but every other month or so Its killing ,me so bad my baby was ripped from my arms literally and my brothers girlfriend is not going to give her back without a fight she post pictures of her and my baby everyday and i just need some help so bad!!!!!! I have document, text messages, witnesses. and its like no matter what the court will always see me as a drug addict no matter how much i have changed i am the bad guy and its not fair

I enlarged the font and added some white space so members don't go blind trying to read it.

Hi there, my name is Makaylia. And I have had my kids took away but I feel like I was done so bad and had an unfair case and I was just wondering if I could have some advice and see what I should do next. Okay, I am gonna start at the beginning. I lost custody of my 4year old 3 years ago, cause I was addicted to drugs. I knew I wasn't capable to be the mom I could be so I left custody with my mom. Till I was ready to commit to my daughter. I rather her be with family then states custody. I got pregnant again just a year ago. But I didn't know I was pregnant till I was 25 weeks. My periods were irregular, I literally had no symptoms. But when I found out I was pregnant I had to confirm I was pregnant before the doctors would ever schedule me. I failed the first drug test at my OBGYN. I failed for THC, alcohol and buprenorphine. And I don't drink what so ever. I will not admit to doing something I didn't do. They were suppose to make a note inside my chart, but never did. So my OBGYN had to send me to a high risk doctor in Knoxville for an appointment, because I was taking buprenorphine(suboxone). Well they said at UT high risk pregnancy that I should be put on Subutex till i have the baby, because they were worried about the baby withdrawing. So I started receiving a script for subutex. During my pregnancy I was passing a drug test for Westbrook Medical Center every month and my OBGYN at least every other week. And I stayed clean my whole pregnancy I got my medical records from my doctor for proof. On June 4, 2019 I went into labor at Hamblen County hospital, they drug tested me as soon as I walked threw the door at 6:28am and i passed the drug test, I only had subutex in my system. I was i active labor, my last birth I didn't feel anything no contractions or anything. But this time my water broke, and I was in labor, my contractions were every two minutes apart. I had to have a C-section, because my first birth was a C-section. But I had to have something for anxiety and for motion sickness during surgery. And they didn't giving me anything like my first doctor did. But they kept putting medicine in my iv during surgery and I had a allergic reaction to it ad my arm swelled up and had white patches everywhere and the I started getting sick and after that my anxiety was to bad at that point. they ended up having to put me to sleep to finish the C-section. Well because i had an anxiety attack they thought i got high in the hospital so they drug tested me again. and i failed for amphetamine. and I would not stay clean for a year just to get high in the hospital. but my doctor never told me of course the social worker from the hospital did and of course when I told them that was impossible for them to do a blood work she said it was to late. but were I didn't have my 4 year old back dcs had to do a route check in and the baby came out with withdraws because of the subutec they had me on and because she came out with withdraws I got her took away they said. the only thing they found i her umbilical cord, was suboxone and THC. but the baby had to get transfered to childs hospital and she stayed there for like 3 weeks. dcs meet me up there the 2 week and said that I couldn't keep her, and I wasn't aloud to stay at childs with her anymore. so she was there alone. and dcs said that my mom couldn't keep her bc they said that i was living with my mom and my 4 year old and i am suppose to be on supervised visits. but that wasn't the case i was living with my sister, and when i was in the hospital her husband and a very bad car wreck and was in it so mom was gonna move in with her to help her out and i moved with my aunt. My brother got her but some how his girlfriend got a say in this to and she has fallen in love with my baby and will hardly ever let me see her. i have text messages to prove it. but when i went to court i done EVERY single thing they asked me to do, i got a mental health assessment at health connect , i had a a7d assessment at ensemble recovery, did my parenting classes at Helen Ross McNabb and paid for these assessment out of pocket which was $150 for both and i went into the court house and passed every drug test they threw at me. i was working a good job i didn't everything i was told and the judge said well you just did to prove to be the baby will be okay i your care. how can i do that when i don't even get to see my daughter but every other month or so Its killing ,me so bad my baby was ripped from my arms literally and my brothers girlfriend is not going to give her back without a fight she post pictures of her and my baby everyday and i just need some help so bad!!!!!! I have document, text messages, witnesses. and its like no matter what the court will always see me as a drug addict no matter how much i have changed i am the bad guy and its not fair.

You need a lawyer. Why does your brother's girlfriend have the kid? This sounds like a big mess that no one on here can help with. You really need to seek out a family law attorney; look for ones who offer free consultations to get a feel. Reach out to friends/family if they know any lawyers.

Back