petition eviction

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob852

i live in apartment #3 of a 4 unit building in northern california.
in apartment #4 the occupants are guilty of:

1) extreme verbal harrassment
2) disturbing the peace
3) causing general tension for all of the tenants of the building

here is a brief summary of the complaints:

*tenants of apartment #1 have called the police on several occasions on occupants of apartment #4 for disturbing the peace

*tenants of apartment #2 have been harassed and suffered racist verbal attacks from occupants of apartment #4 on several occasions

*tenants of apartment #3 have been harassed on several occasions by the occupants of apartment #4

My question is, if i was to get one tenant from each apartment to sign a petition (essentially the entire building) requesting the eviction of the tenants of apt#4, and had the landlord sign it as well. a total of 5 signatures. Can the Landlord evict #4 on these grounds?

What kind of a building is it? Condo? Co-op?

I'm not sure why Landlord #4 wouldn't have grounds for eviction. The question is whether he cares since he gets the rent on time. What may make Landlord #4 think about it is if he or she received a letter from all the neighbors, demanding that this cease at once or all of you will pursue your legal remedies and damages that are your right under law. Perhaps that may make him/her think that the tenant isn't worth the hassle. Perhaps even better might be raising this with your landlords or the building's board. That may prompt sooner response with less pain financially and timewise.

bob852 said:
i live in apartment #3 of a 4 unit building in northern california.
in apartment #4 the occupants are guilty of:

1) extreme verbal harrassment
2) disturbing the peace
3) causing general tension for all of the tenants of the building

here is a brief summary of the complaints:

*tenants of apartment #1 have called the police on several occasions on occupants of apartment #4 for disturbing the peace

*tenants of apartment #2 have been harassed and suffered racist verbal attacks from occupants of apartment #4 on several occasions

*tenants of apartment #3 have been harassed on several occasions by the occupants of apartment #4

My question is, if i was to get one tenant from each apartment to sign a petition (essentially the entire building) requesting the eviction of the tenants of apt#4, and had the landlord sign it as well. a total of 5 signatures. Can the Landlord evict #4 on these grounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back