Personal Training chauffeur service

henry k

Jurisdiction
Illinois
Ok.... So I have an idea for a personal training chauffeur service; In which I literally pick up clients from their homes to take them to the gym...... Now for this do I legally need a chauffeur liscence? And I am assuming liability insurance? I am already incorporated as sole proprietor for something else.... Any suggestions on licences needed and form/entity of corporation? Should I have clients sign some sort of waiver?

Check if your state has a legal definition of what a chauffeur is. If what you intend to do fits the definition then you should plan to get the required permits.

I'm not understanding.... Is'nt this a forum for legal help? Is this not the right forum for these kinds of questions?

It is.

But it's primarily for people who need real legal help.

We've been at this long enough to recognize when people are wasting our time.

At your level, you can google what you need to know or contact your secretary of state for business resources.

You also need to think about business/liability insurance since you will be using your car for the business...
Honestly though, I can't imagine this being a good business plan/idea or that you could charge enough to make the business work.

do I legally need a chauffeur liscence?

I suggest a visit to the web site of the Illinois DMV.

And I am assuming liability insurance?

Huh? Obviously, any person doing personal training needs good liability insurance, and anyone driving clients on top of that needs additional insurance.

I am already incorporated as sole proprietor for something else.

Again, huh? A corporation and a sole proprietorship are very different things.

Should I have clients sign some sort of waiver?

Absolutely.

You would be a fool to undertake this venture without first seeking advice from a local business attorney.

Ok.... So I have an idea for a personal training chauffeur service; In which I literally pick up clients from their homes to take them to the gym...... Now for this do I legally need a chauffeur liscence? And I am assuming liability insurance? I am already incorporated as sole proprietor for something else.... Any suggestions on licences needed and form/entity of corporation? Should I have clients sign some sort of waiver?

Great idea, buddy.

I would never have conceived such an idea.

In fact, your idea so intrigued me that I researched it.

Guess what, pal?

I couldn't find anyone doing anything closely resembling your idea.

Go for it, go for it all out.

Set the planet on fire, and you'll be rich, tongues wagging, and butts burning pounds of fat because of you.

I'll help you, my new friend, because I want you to remember me when the money starts rolling in.

Forget driving them to your sessions, jog with them, like Richard Simmons and his "sweating with the oldies" stuff, you could call it it, "joggin' and sweatin'"

Or "biking for health"

Get it?
You don't drive 'em, work 'em out outside, take 'em back home.

Hey, "Biking Bootcamp", "Bike the booty away"?

Don't "drive" "jog" or "bike"!!!
Hiking for health"

I got a million of 'em pal, giving 'em to you for FREE.

Just toss me a lil cheddar when this blows up all over.

I'm not understanding.... Isnt this a forum for legal help? Is this not the right forum for these kinds of questions?
It's okay... sometimes our members get a little frustrated when people think aloud and throw ideas up against the wall without researching or thinking through the issue. But I appreciate your trying to think outside the box and, in fairness, this idea would have seemed ridiculous until Uber came along and decided to do what they wanted to do and ask forgiveness later.

When you created a corporation, didn't you have to state the purpose of the corporation? There is good reason for this. If you're creating a business (which also includes a corporate name, etc.) that does one thing (perhaps "Uber brand nail clippers") and then decide to do another (such as a car or taxi service) there may be consequences.

In addition, I'm not sure what the difference your business idea is beyond just a cab service. If it involves personal training too then it is quite obvious you'll absolutely need to fulfill requirements. I can understand how frustrating it may be when you might be able to do something yet there are licensing and other requirements that appear to be an unnecessary impediment towards your goals. But there are good reasons why they are usually there, especially when it comes to health and fitness as well as automotive services. Good luck.

well, I actually work in the fitness industry, so generally do know more about it than the general public does. I've seen lots of ideas come and go. Personally I would rather have someone splash ice water on a bad idea of mine than let me go into debt, set up a business and have it fail. Nothing to do with "intellectual racism and arrogance" -- rather experience and good sense.

Back