Personal text messages

Martha95694

Jurisdiction
California
I am an elementary teacher and my ex sister-in-law sent an email to my school principal and all the school personnel showing them all of our personal emails that we have sent each other. She also accused me of cyber bullying her daughter and her nieces. Can you please tell me if there's anything I can do to stop her from doing the same thing to my daughter at her job?

Thanks for your help!

I am an elementary teacher and my ex sister-in-law sent an email to my school principal and all the school personnel showing them all of our personal emails that we have sent each other. She also accused me of cyber bullying her daughter and her nieces. Can you please tell me if there's anything I can do to stop her from doing the same thing to my daughter at her job?

Thanks for your help!

The problem for you is, the emails she allegedly sent were hers.

She can share the contents of all emails sent to her, despite disclaimers to the contrary.

There are exceptions for proprietary and governmental emails, some spousal communications, some privileged communications; correspondence between you two, weren't protected.

The lesson here is if you put it in writing, expect to hear it repeated.

If you want it protected, tell your religious officiant, your lawyer, your psychologist, your physician, or your spouse.

Otherwise do as my dad said, tell it only to yourself by thinking it to keep it your secret.

my ex sister-in-law sent an email to my school principal and all the school personnel showing them all of our personal emails that we have sent each other.

And why exactly did she do this? Why would she think all of your co-workers would care about dozens or hundreds or thousands of e-mails between the two of you?

Can you please tell me if there's anything I can do to stop her from doing the same thing to my daughter at her job?

If your daughter is an adult, you have no standing to do anything as it relates to your daughter, and nothing you've described is illegal in any way.

Back