1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Personal Injury at Lowes Premises Liability

Discussion in 'Accidents, Injuries, Negligence' started by Judy, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy

Judy Law Topic Starter New Member

I was injured at Lowe's in Henderson Nevada. My questions are:
    1. Can I sue Lowe's in small claims court?
    2. Do I sue the Lowe's location where the injury happened or send papers to their corporation head quarters?
    3. I do not have medical insurance and the cost so far are about $300.00 medical bills (dr., rx, xray, boot for injured foot, etc.) I already paid, after care bills total about another $600 and I lost about 2 days work so the total claim (including court costs) should be under $1500.00. Do I add pain and suffering? (There wasn't much, only a couple of days which I was off work)
    4. I spoke with their "adjuster" who said they have no responsibility to pay any medical costs as they are an "enter at your own risk" store. Can they do that?

Thank you for any guidance.

2. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

1.) Without more information it's impossible to say whether you have a viable case and if so, what would be an appropriate venue
    2.) see #1
    3.) see #1
    4.) Quite possibly

3. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

Agree that we need more details. What kind of injury - what happened that you got injured? Thanks.

4. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Speak with an ambulance chasing YOU KNOW WHAT?

Sent from my iPhone 4S via AT&T using Tapatalk

5. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

True - there's always that. They are always available.

6. Proserpina

Proserpina Moderator

Oddly enough, Nevada allows you to claim for pain and suffering (most states won't do that for small claims)

If the out of pocket expenses are up to $5000, you can file in small claims.

If the out of pocket expenses are over $5k but less than $10k, you'll have to file in Nevada Justice Court

If the out of pocket expenses are more than $10k, you have to file in Nevada District Court

OP might want to start here: http://www.clarkcountycourts.us/CivilSHC/small-claims/faq.html#_001

But yeah, more details would be nice.

7. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

OP, do you believe there was some negligence on the part of the store that caused you to be injured? Thanks.