Pensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynne

Nevada, as most of you seasoned people know, is a community property state. In regards to hubby's pension here in Vegas I am entitled to 1/2 of it. Good part, so far.

The question I have is that he has another pension for a company he worked for in Cali. Cali is also a community property state but I don't know if that even applies in my case.

Does anyone know if that would also be considered part of the community property?

Thank you.

My understanding is that in both states, you would be entitled to one-half of what was accumulated during the marriage.

Lynne, you should retain a good divorce attorney. A good attorney that he will pay for out of the marital estate. Talk to a couple attorneys about that. They know how to get paid to help you by Daddy Big Bucks.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, seems my brain is just not functioning properly from all the stress and lack of sleep.

Here is a link re community property division Ca. incl. pensions.

http://www.divorcenet.com/states/california/cafaq03

You really do need to talk to a divorce lawyer particularly since you are now residing in Nevada & both are community property states. It can get complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back