Pending drug charges

S

Scook

Jurisdiction
Indiana
I was interviewed and went threw orientation with Ryder whirlpool, started working there and doing over time. I was doing good on my numbers (as I had previously worked there threw a temp agency) and making a good name for myself. My drug test was clean and the background charges were pending. Yet I was able to work. This was confusing to me but I was able to work and make money, so I didn't pay attention to it. After my second week, I get a call from my HR lady saying the background check came back with a few issues. Also that I am being let go due to this. I just got the background report and it shows my current cases for drug court. I am in the drug treatment program so I can get the case dismissed. I didn't have a drug problem but I was in the area of drugs at the time of arrest, and going threw the treatment was a better option instead of risking having this on my record. My pd said I am already signed into the program so it's not possible to take it to trial and end it early( hoping that reasonable doubt would be on my side). My question is, is it possible my job would accept a letter from the court stating upon my completion the cases would be dismissed? Or is reasoning against company policy silly?

is it possible my job would accept a letter from the court stating upon my completion the cases would be dismissed?

I doubt that anybody at the court would write a letter for you but if you examine your case file (the one with paper in it) you might find a document that says all that.

No guarantee that you'll get your job back.

Back