Consumer Fraud Paypal charge backs ...i was tricked by Payapal

madatpaypal

I use PayPal for my small business. A customer committed fraud by buying merchandise which was later to found to be with stolen credit cards. the first two transactions the person did was covered under seller protection the last two transactions was not covered because PayPal talked me into changing me over to a different merchant plan which made me responsible for fraudulent transactions. This guy got away with the merchandise and almost got away with more until my supplier raised a red flag and called me to voice their concern that this person might not be legit and that they seen these kind of cases before. The shipping company stopped transit of the last shipment and reversed it back to the supplier. so this saved me from having even a bigger headache. I probably should have been speaking to a legal professional at that point but i didn't know and called PayPal about the red flag my supplier brought to my attention. PayPal frozen my account and said we will have the charges made by this person under review.

I understand this however the problem is this criminal's last two transactions he made through PayPal was not cover under seller protection. PayPal later called me and said they determined that these purchases was fraudulent and to take the frozen money from the last transactions to cover the first transactions and told me to wait 30 to 60 days before i paid the last two transactions because it hasn't come back as a charge back yet. Keep in mind the first transactions was covered under seller protection. I basically took money from the last stolen credit card this guy stolen to pay off the first transactions which i felt was wrong.....they tricked me with fear and intimidation since i never dealt with anything like this before in my life. This PayPal trick to have me payoff the seller protected charge-backs instead of simply having me pay back the money in which the stolen credit card came from has left me on the hook for the last two transactions. I was tricked by PayPal and now i am to pay PayPal over $8,000 for something that i should have been covered for. I'm a victim for what this person did and i did not steal credit cards yet i may lose my livelihood because of PayPal's greed and tricks. I'm a wife and mother of 5 children and my husband gets paid once a month at the end of every month. we cant afford this and PayPal shouldn't do this to people who are unaware of their system.

**Sigh**
Can anyone refer me to the right person who can help talk with PayPal and bring this debt down enough to wear i can pay it off or simply eliminated it altogether.
Thank you very much

Last edited:
PayPal runs their little world their way.
Read your contract, you;ll get even madder.
You agreed NOT to sue them, but to settle disputes in arbitration or mediation.
Read on, PayPal is a very harsh master to its seller and buyer slaves!

After you've read all of their onerous terms, you'll soon realize there's no where to turn, run, or hide.

You changed over to an unprotected plan. It was a risk you were apparently willing to take and it turned out to be a poor choice. The party at fault is the one who used the stolen credit cards. That is who you need to sue.

Back