payments

M

melisa

Jurisdiction
Colorado
I have been sending payments to my ex's lawyer and she sends them to him. I sent the last payment almost 2 months ago. she acknowledged that she received it and sent it to him. He has not received it.
Do I have to send them another check even though she received it?

If he didn't receive it, put a stop payment on the check & send another.

And that's fine but I'm asking if his lawyer received and said she received do I have too. I will not pay an extra 35.00 to right another check.
I feel I have fulfilled my obligation
Not my fault she can't mail stiff correctly

I will go to court over principal. Very ugly 15 year divorce fight

If principle matters to you, you probably don't want to waste your time discussing something when you could be suing someone over it.

I just want to know if they can do anything. I sent payment as told to do and was received but not cashed. Are they considered paid.

I just want to know if they can do anything. I sent payment as told to do and was received but not cashed. Are they considered paid.

If the check hasn't been paid by your bank, no, the debtor hasn't been paid.

I suggest you write a letter to the debtor informing them you sent a check, which as of today remains unpaid by your bank.

Ask the debtor how you should proceed, as you desperately wish to comply with your agreement.

Make sure you send it via FedEx, UPS, or USPS with POD for your records.

If the check hasn't been received/cashed, no the person has not been paid. If you were waiting for a check & it wasn't received, would you consider yourself paid -- most likely not.

You could save yourself a lot of hassle if you put a stop payment on original check & just sent another check - $35.00 fee or not. Again your decision.

Back