Payment of Divorce Settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggs052

How do I collect a divorce settlement payment that should have been paid back in the late 1990's ? I've spoken to my ex and he refuses and the only way, I can think of, is to place a lien against his home. How is this action taken ? I do not live in the same state I divorced in any longer. The divorce took place in Texas and I live in Oregon.

How do I collect a divorce settlement payment that should have been paid back in the late 1990's ? I've spoken to my ex and he refuses and the only way, I can think of, is to place a lien against his home. How is this action taken ? I do not live in the same state I divorced in any longer. The divorce took place in Texas and I live in Oregon.

You must hire a Texas lawyer.

The first thing the lawyer must determine is whether the judgment has died or if it is still valid.

TY For Explanation

Thanks for the explanation. I figured I would need to hire a TX atty. I reside in Oregon and I'm not sure how to go about that besides the fact that I am disabled and low income which makes hiring practically impossible. Any suggestions or links of contacts to offer ? I have researched the internet verociously and just don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back