Pay changed without notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

willis4ay

Ok so I left my old job when I got a better job offer in writing. After a month of training pay I finally start my job on my own and at my full pay. When the first check gets posted I see my pay rate is 20% less than the recruiter told me it would be (and provided in writing via email.). I bring it up to the recruiter who says she'll contact payroll to fix it... Two weeks later I get an I'm sorry I misquoted your pay. I explain to her that is not my problem, the company is legally obligated to fulfill their promise. She says she will get it taken care of again. I wind up getting other people in the company involved and get back pay but the pay rate is never changed. Every bit of my communications were done over email so I could back myself up... What do I need to do. Between the tuition reimbursement promised and the pay difference this company owes me between $6-10,000. Worse I'm trapped in this situation because I moved here and can't afford to go anywhere else :(. Plz help.

I suggest you start looking for a new job right away. If your job started off this bad you probably should not expect it to get much better.
It is good that you have emails, but it would be even better if you had obtained a hard copy with actual signatures.
If they won't pay what you believe you are owed then your option is to sue them. You might get lucky and get a settlement offer, but you likely don't have much of a future with the company.

By law, they only owe you the pay difference until you received notice. You received that. This is your new pay level, love it or leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back