pawned vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

galady

I pawned a title to a vehicle that tore up and was junked. Now the pawn co tells me they can press criminal charges against me. Is this true? If so what can they do.

I dont think so, They can sue you for the balance owing-- Look at your pawn ticket and the fine print on it and see what it says. Was the car junked or the title was detroyed? if it is the title then they can get a duplicate if it is the car then they can sue you

If the pawn shop was led to believe they were accepting the title to a viable and operable vehicle, the fact that it was junked and no longer existed could constitute fraud. So, yes, you probably could be prosecuted.

Now, if you claimed only to be pawning a scrap of paper that once represented the title to a now-destroyed vehicle, you should be okay. I suspect you lead them to believe they were receiving a vehicle and not a scrap heap.

- Carl

pawn

If the pawn shop was led to believe they were accepting the title to a viable and operable vehicle, the fact that it was junked and no longer existed could constitute fraud. So, yes, you probably could be prosecuted.

Now, if you claimed only to be pawning a scrap of paper that once represented the title to a now-destroyed vehicle, you should be okay. I suspect you lead them to believe they were receiving a vehicle and not a scrap heap.

- Carl

Actually the lady knew the car was tore up when she renewed my loan, because she said we had to drive the car so the camera could capture it but i told her it was tore up and she said she would do it anyway.

If you can prove that - or she will verify that allegation - then fraud might not apply. However, you are still on the hook for the money.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back