Paternity tests in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

quuen

I know my son is his father's child; however, there has been some doubt on that side of the family. Particularly the paternal grandmother. Originally I received an order from the court to receive child support about 4 years ago. Since then we have handled all adjustments on our own. If I go back to the court and ask that a paternity test be done, who pays for it? Also my son's father is now in prison, Federal prison in North Carolina. Can the court order the prison to preform a paternity test? He's gonna be away for another 3 or more years and its been long enough with doubt on the mind of his grandmother. I really want his grandmother to be a part of my son's life and I think this would be the only way she would do so, if she knew this was her grandchild. Can a paternity test be conducted in prison?

forgot a few things

sorry...his father never had before denied being the father, and he also allowed for his name to be used on the birth certificate. We live in New York and its tough for us to go down to N.C. to visit him, nor do i really want my son visiting his father in a place like that. That is why i really would like to see his grandmother play a role in my son's life

If you want his grandmother on his father's side to be a part of his life, this sounds more like an issue you might be able to amicably take up with the family, regardless of the outcome. Perhaps each of you paying half might be appropriate. I'm not sure who might pay the costs of a paternity test in this instance if it got to court. Do realize that it may have consequences... especially if it turns out the the father who acknowledges being the father isn't the actual father.

He is for sure the father. I wanna do the test to make them aware. Is it possible for the facility to allow for a paternity test while he is incarcerated. My mother is willing to pay for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back