paternity test in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARAM143

I live in Iowa and the man who may be my son's father is in prison in New Mexico. He has been locked up my son's entire life. My son is now 13 and his potential father is asking questions. He wants to have a paternity test done so we can find out if he is his son or not. I have no problem doing the test I am just unsure how. I also don't want to be liable for the payment.I need answers. Please help

I live in Iowa and the man who may be my son's father is in prison in New Mexico. He has been locked up my son's entire life. My son is now 13 and his potential father is asking questions. He wants to have a paternity test done so we can find out if he is his son or not. I have no problem doing the test I am just unsure how. I also don't want to be liable for the payment.I need answers. Please help

Your smart play is to ignore the stranger behind the metal bars.
You've done great without him for over a decade.
Your son will be an adult in a few more years, and the stranger will probably still be residing in the big house.
Why do you care about what the stranger wants?
Most of those lifers simply want to scam honest people like you, play with your emotions, and get a few bucks from you for his commissary.
If he ever gets out, and your son is curious, let the two of them decide.
In the meantime, keep doing the good things you've been doing and don't let him trick any money out of you for some fake paternity test.

I wouldn't worry about what someone who has been in prison for at least 13 years already wants.

How is it you are even in contact with someone who has been in prison for 13 years? How could you not know who your child's father is without a test? Why did you wait 13 years to bother trying to figure it out? Even if this jailbird is the father, what purpose does that serve? He isn't going to pay support. It isn't like he can provide moral and parental guidance to a kid he doesn't know from jail. What is this going to do to your poor son when he finds out "Dad" is a criminal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back