past employer lying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candle

My wife has been in the Credit Union world for about 13 years now. She left her last job in basically a scandal. While there was no direct proof, the president of the credit union was sleeping around with one of the admin personnel. There was favoritism all over the place including rewarding a never awarded $1000 employee of the year award. Funny part of this, there was no formal selection and the vice-president didn't even have a say in it.

so my wife left one day. No 2 week notice, nothing. She decided to write a letter to the board and gave 6 examples of favoritism. Nothing ever came of this and as far as my wife was concerned she didn't really care because she wanted out of there.

That was 5 months ago. She got a temporary job for a bit and finally looks like she may get a managment job in another credit union. Well the potential employer called for references. We don't know who they talked to, but basically they told them that she never had a position that she did have. They verified employment, but lied about a position she had at one time while she was there.

My wife actually held about 4 different positions at that credit union at different times. She was there for over 5 years.

For now she had told them to talk to the vice president who was her direct supervisor at the time when she had the loan officer position.

So i guess my question comes down to this. If for some reason she fails to get the job due to this lie, what legal right do we stand on?

Unless your wife can prove some sort of slander and damages, there might not be much she can do.

So unless she does not get this job and you can prove it was because of slander and lies that this former employer told, you dont have many options att his point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back