Party not named in action holds documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexanderkos

Hello,
I need escrow papers from a third party in a lawsuit I am involved in. Actually it is the broker who handled a real estate transaction. I tried to send the opposing counsel a demand for production of documents to forward to this company and he refused. As pro per I know I cannot subpoena on my own. Since they are possible witnesses I know I cannot contact them. Can I subpoena the records by filling out a subpoena for records and having the court clerk stamp it or do I have to file for a motion to go before the court. What is the first step in this process.
Thanks
Michael

You can subpoena the documents through the court, but I'm not sure of the process in CA. Army Judge will probably know, he knows EVERYTHING. :)

Hi,
I would fill out a subpoena, take it to the court clerk, send a copy to opposing counsel and have the company served? Is that the process? Could I serve by mail?
Thanks
Michael

Ask the Clerk of Court. Tell them you need a subpoena for documents from a non-party. They should be able to help you with the process. What you stated sounds right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back