Partial refund

A

AmandaLynn

Jurisdiction
Kansas
We found a 2004 Chevy trailblazer on craigslist. The ad said it was a reliable vehicle with no leaks. We met the guy and he seemed trustworthy. We purchased the vehicle on March 8th. Within a week, it was in the shop needing a new thermostat. $200.00. Got it back and a few days later, it's whining and leaking power steering fluid. Now it needs a new power steering pump and rack and pinion. Another $800.00. It is only March 23rd. Should we tell the man that he sold us a piece and we want a partial refund because he sold it to us in what he said was excellent mechanical condition? Or can we even do that? I still have a screenshot of his ad.

It's your car now, and all repairs are your responsibility.
The previous owner had no responsibility at this point. Your attempt to get a refund will go nowhere.
Either dish out the dough for the repairs or sell it to try and recover what you can.

I can only add to excellent advice dispensed by the MIGHTY ONE, never buy anything off of KILLERSLIST.

Here's an example of a recent KILLERSLIST victim in my area:

Baylor student pulls gun during armed robbery

Plus, most buyers that live to tell about, walk away with empty wallets and rusting, useless, broken junk.

Sorry but buying a car that way is buying "as is" (buyer beware). You always should have a vehicle checked out before buying.

Back