Part Time Employee Had an ACA Marketplace Plan with Subsidy but Received a 1095c

khow

I've been with a large national company for 10 years as a part time employee. To my knowledge they don't offer and have never offered health insurance to part time employees for as long as I've been with the company. Therefore to comply with the ACA, I signed up with the Healthcare Marketplace when the law went into effect and have received a subsidy toward my premiums since 2014. I've never received a 1095c for prior years. However, this year I received a 1095C with code 1E on line 14 and code 2G on line 16. Which from what I've read means that they offered me affordable minimum coverage. However, I've never been offered anything.

If my company doesn't offer healthcare for part time employees. And if they did, no one within my company ever notified me of the change and that I was eligible for coverage. How can they send a form saying that they offered me healthcare coverage retroactively, when they literally never offered or informed me that coverage was available? I can't go back in time and sign up for employee sponsored coverage for 2018 and I certainly can't afford to pay back all that subsidy, it's almost $7k. Calling HR was beyond useless. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any help is appreciated.

For those who wish to know, OP is posting from or near, Brandon, MS.

How can they send a form saying that they offered me healthcare coverage retroactively, when they literally never offered or informed me that coverage was available?

The "how" appears to be answered by the "did".

I suggest you ask "them" all the questions you have about the "1095C".

Calling HR was beyond useless.

It might behoove you to contact your payroll department?

Back