1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Parking lot not maintained....owner assumes no liability Premises Liability

Discussion in 'Accidents, Injuries, Negligence' started by Allseason, Jun 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allseason

Allseason Law Topic Starter New Member

On a rainy day I drove into a plaza to go to a restaurant for breakfast. Since all of the pavement was went, I drove but hit a very deep pothole and bottomed out in a pot hole. Asked a tenant of the plaza for information on who owned the plaza. In speaking to him he repetitively told me to call my insurance company. I did only to be told he is liable. I could make a claim but rates would go up. He gave me the name of his management company and after talking to them...they also told me sorry....nothing we can do without his permission. I think k the area should have been marked as a precaution. Any recourse for them to pay for damages?

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

No one USUALLY pays for anything, because you demand or ask.

You want him or her to pay, you must first bring a lawsuit.

Even if you prevail, you must then endeavor to collect on your judgment.

The later being more difficult than the former.

You can pay out of your pocket, file a claim with your insurer, bring a lawsuit, or do nothing.

As you describe the incident, I don't see your success in a lawsuit.

3. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

closed...........................................................