Parenting Rights

Katie1517

Jurisdiction
Nebraska
So I had a son 4 years ago and I knew I wasn't ready to be a mother at the time. and then 2 1/2 years later I had a daughter and I tested positive for nanograms of thc which I smoked a couple of hits a month before because I couldn't walk, eat, sleep, go to the bathroom without having to be carried. and I had everything ready for her and the state department came and looked and said they had no reason to believe that she was in any harm but that the da could file against me due to my son. and he did and she was a state ward a week after she was born. but the caseworker who was my caseworker as a juvenile myself was also my sons and then happened to be my daughters. and the guardian at litem for my son became a da. I think that is a conflict of interest I did everything they wanted plus some and never got unsupervised visits or overnights. and eventually lost my parenting rights even my lawyer said she had never seen a parent in that situation do as much as I did and not get rewarded we are appealing it but what else can I do?

You can do nothing else besides the pending appeal that you have going.

Using illegal drugs creates many problems for the addict.

A person can improve her/his life when she/he STOPS abusing drugs.

Using illegal drugs creates many problems for the addict.

A person can improve her/his life when she/he STOPS abusing drugs.

I am not a addict it it was because It wasn't a normal preganacy and I asked the doctors to help they couldn't and I smoked a hit or two that's it just to eat and sleep and relax and not be in pain

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

So I had a son 4 years ago and I knew I wasn't ready to be a mother at the time. and then 2 1/2 years later I had a daughter

What changed between the time when your son was born and barely half a year later when your daughter was conceived? One would assume that, if you weren't ready to be a mother, you'd stay away from unprotected sex.

what else can I do?

I'm sure you can do lots of things. You said you have a lawyer, so you should be discussing this situation with him/her.

I am not a addict it it was because It wasn't a normal preganacy and I asked the doctors to help they couldn't and I smoked a hit or two that's it just to eat and sleep and relax and not be in pain

I am a nothing.
I am nobody.
You need not explain anything you did or didn't do to me.
I have my opinion.
You have your opinion.
Good luck....

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

What changed between the time when your son was born and barely half a year later when your daughter was conceived? One would assume that, if you weren't ready to be a mother, you'd stay away from unprotected sex.

I'm sure you can do lots of things. You said you have a lawyer, so you should be discussing this situation with him/her.

I knew I wanted to be a mother after signing over my son so I started do what I needed to be a good mother and I have been trying but she hasn't heard anything yet

So I had a son 4 years ago and I knew I wasn't ready to be a mother at the time. and then 2 1/2 years later I had a daughter and I tested positive for nanograms of thc which I smoked a couple of hits a month before because I couldn't walk, eat, sleep, go to the bathroom without having to be carried. and I had everything ready for her and the state department came and looked and said they had no reason to believe that she was in any harm but that the da could file against me due to my son. and he did and she was a state ward a week after she was born. but the caseworker who was my caseworker as a juvenile myself was also my sons and then happened to be my daughters. and the guardian at litem for my son became a da. I think that is a conflict of interest I did everything they wanted plus some and never got unsupervised visits or overnights. and eventually lost my parenting rights even my lawyer said she had never seen a parent in that situation do as much as I did and not get rewarded we are appealing it but what else can I do?

Wait for the court process to work its way through. You have a lawyer you are paying - direct all questions to your lawyer.

Back