parental rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazelenvy

ok, this is kind of a long story. i got pregnant last july. the father and i had only been together two months. we both knew i was not on birth control and he was not using any either. when we found out that i was pregnant we were happy, he wasnted the child as much as i did. then a week later he tells me that his parents want me to have an abortion. he was 22 and i was 28. so anyways, i find out that he and his ex were talking the whole time we were together. they got back together and he became very hateful and alot of nasty things to me. they got engaged and then a couple months later he calls me because they aren't together anymore. so this whole time he was saying he didn't want to be on the birth cer. so when it came time to fill it out, i didn't include him. well he is also lebanese born. thats the main reason i didn't put his name on the cer. so forward to now, she is now 6 months and he has seen her twice. i want to get c/s but i can't without establishing paternity, right? if i do, can i make it to where he has no visitation? i'm scared that they will take her to lebanon and i will never see her again.

I honestly don't think it would be in your best interest to try it 'both' ways. I mean, it IS possible to establish paternity, require child support, and not have the father visit the child. BUT it's a tricky scenario as far as I know......
That said, he could request a paternity test, and establish his fatherhood that way, in which case you would automatically be entitled to child support, but he also may be entitled to visitation.
If this happens, you could stipulate in legal terms that your child is not to be removed from the country under any circumstances. (Even in normal situations they require a note from the other parent, signed and witnessed before allowing such a thing.) If he ignores it, he can be charged with abduction.

You cannot ask for CS and get no visitation. Not going to happen. If you file for CS paternity will need to be established, and visitation will be set up. Until the he has no rights to the child.

This is what you have to deal with when you get pregnant by someone you barely know.

If I were you, I would rather not have him involved at all. As long as paternity is not established, you have full custody and control over any visitation, if you allow it.

If you file for CS, his rights as the father will be protecte and he likley will be given visitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back