Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Paraphernalia + Possession of Marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

somethingclever

So, my friend and I were pulled over tonight for speeding 10mph over the limit, when the officers decided that they smelled marijuana, so they proceeded to search the two of us, split us up, and search the car we were driving in, itself. Well, they found a small glass pipe, and maybe ~.2g of marijuana. Since it was on my side of the car, I got charged with it. If I were to plead guilty to these charges, (being really supportive of classes/testing/whatever) what kind of penalty am I looking at? I know the possession charge is basically about $100, but the paraphernalia can count for a lot more, would they drop charges...
:eek:

What state are you in and what code sections were you cited or arrested for?

- carl

It's in the state of Ohio.

The possession charge is 2925.11A
The paraphernalia charge is 2925.14

Do you think I even need a lawyer, I refused to answer any of the cops' questions when they spoke to me...

I would recommend speaking ti an attorney. However, I am not well versed int he penalties for these offenses in your state, so I cannot give you any real idea of the penalties you might face.

Good luck.

- Carl

I'm sorry, I also don't know. In my state the paraphenelia (bong, etc) isn't as much a penalty as the possession of a small amount. . .sorry.

It also may vary not just by state, but by county.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back