Paid after I left Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

dak1124

I resigned from my company, and two weeks after they had givien me my final paycheck. I had found that they paid me again (via direct deposit). When I contacted my ex-boss. He notified me that I was not removed from the system and was paid in error, since they still though I was working for them. I asked how to go about paying them back and was told someone from HR would be in touch. Two weeks later I got a fedex letter to me, telling me to pay not only the amount they deposited to me in error, but also the addiitonal amount that was withhled for taxes, benefits, 401k, etc.

I contacted their "HR Center" and told them that I believe that I should only pay them what they deposited in error, and not the additional amount of that they withheld.

I almost get a feeling that what they are asking from me is unreasonable, if not illegal and quite frankly cannot afford to pay them any more than what they deposited in my account.

If anyone has any thoughts or experience in such a situation, I could certainly use it....

Thanks!

I too am in need of some quick advice regarding a past employer and a paycheck that I cashed, but having difficulty posting this, can you help me out please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back