Outcome of 3rd dui

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Dober

Jurisdiction
Kansas
So unfortunately I just ended up with a third dui. Planning on hiring a good attorney, but am I likely facing jailtime for this? In the state of KS.

So unfortunately I just ended up with a third dui. Planning on hiring a good attorney, but am I likely facing jailtime for this? In the state of KS.

I suggest you spend at least 30 days in rehab and then join a 12 step program. If you keep this up you will hurt/kill someone.
http://www.ksdot.org/burtrafficsaf/brochures/pdf/ksduilaws.pdf

THIRD DUI OFFENSE You will be charged with a felony offense, receive 90 days to one year imprisonment and be fined $1,500 to $2,500 plus court costs, probation and evaluation fees. You must complete the court ordered treatment program for alcohol and drug abuse (at your expense). Your driving privileges will be suspended for one year. After a one-year suspension of driving privileges is completed, you are restricted to driving only a motor vehicle equipped with an ignition interlock device for one year. Proof of such device's installation and use shall be provided to the Division of Motor Vehicles before driving privileges are fully reinstated. Your vehicle can be impounded for up to one year.

You are probably familiar with the SR22 insurance requirement, which becomes STIFFER with the 3rd conviction.

So unfortunately I just ended up with a third dui.

If you were in fact driving after having been drinking then what is unfortunate is that you didn't learn from the first two DUI convictions. Alcohol impaired drivers are dangerous to others. Many people are injured or die because some just had to drive after drinking instead of thinking about others and finding another way to get where they needed to go.

Planning on hiring a good attorney, but am I likely facing jailtime for this? In the state of KS.

If you are convicted you can expect to spend at least a little time in jail because of it. If you get really lucky it may just be 48 hours and then 90+ days of house arrest. Or you might do 90 days jail with work release so you don't end up losing your job (assuming your employer is cool with having a 3x DUI driver on the payroll). Talk to your lawyer about what judges in the county where you were arrested typically do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back