Parole, Probation out of state misdemeanor arrest in colorado while on probation in texa

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewman5000

If I am arrested for a class b misdemeanor while on vacation in colorado will my probation officer in texas always find out without me telling her

Better safe than sorry. I don't believe your PO can take action against you for an out of state offense, but might take action for failure to report the contact.

I was just mainly wanting to know if they will find out about through there background checks becuase I think that some cities and states don't enter misdemeanors into the national databases where a probation officer might see it.I was also curious about the criminal background check that a p.o would do countywide or statewide or national they haven't found it yet and it's been about 2months since the arrest I've got 6 months left on felony probation and was hoping that it might go unfound.

There is no way we can know for sure if they will or will not find out about it. It depends on what type of background check is done - they are all not equal. However, I believe you are required to report this to your PO - better safe than sorry as mightymoose noted.

Did you get permission from your PO to travel out of state?

Don't worry, if you did, they check the states on the way, and the destination state routinely in Texas' larger counties. They'll find out. The smaller counties, well they find out because Colorado will snoop into your background and will seek to inform your PO.

Those pesky fingerprints taken when you were booked into the local hoosegow, will tell it all.
Wait until the FBI sends back your criminal history to CO and Texas.

Not to worry, this'll all be known to all the important players sooner, rather than later.

Your PO usually knows, and waits for you to FESS up.

If you don't, they wait until your last 2 or 3 weeks and bring the revocation hearing.

By the way, you mean class 2 misdemeanor in CO right?
I'm taking class B to mean class 2.

http://www.harringtonbrewsterclein.com/CriminalDefense/misdemeanors_and_felonies.html

http://www.lawinfoboulder.com/misdemeanor_charges.html

http://www.mycoloradodefenselawyer.com/criminal-charges/

Co has misdemeanors varying from class 1, 2, & 3.
Good luck. Those PO's aren't stupid, they've been to hundreds of rodeos.

Last edited:
No I didn't get permission to go but when they ran my name in colorado nothing came up about probation or anything and my p.o here just did a background check on me to see about some local traffic stuff I told her about and nothing else came up except local traffic warrant if colorado did show up she didn't tell me which makes me think she didn't look out of state.....

Maybe I should just tell them but they are gonna be pissed and I just want to wait until I can afford a good attorney that is experienced with this sort of thing something tells me I'm gonna need it.......yes and it was a class 2 misdemeanor duid driving under the influence of marijuana.

Maybe I should just tell them but they are gonna be pissed and I just want to wait until I can afford a good attorney that is experienced with this sort of thing something tells me I'm gonna need it.......yes and it was a class 2 misdemeanor duid driving under the influence of marijuana.

If you're lucky, I mean as lucky as a lottery winner, you'll be okay.
But, it's those fingerprints.
Get your money together, and I'm sure CO isn't over.
You either return there to deal with that mess, or DPS and DMV will eventually get notified if the citation.
You're going to lose your TX license.

As they say, this is the calm before the storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back