Our safety was broken

N

NCTroubled

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
My landlord had many meeting with a neighbor about her attitude and conflicts with other neighbors. On March of 2016 my 16 year old daughter room was shoot at 6 times while she was sitting on her bed. I dont feel as our case was taken seriously with the police department or apartment complex because she wasnt shoot or hurt. The landlords moved us after two weeks of staying in the apartment that was shoot up. I need justice for my daughter so she can feel safe again

My landlord had many meeting with a neighbor about her attitude and conflicts with other neighbors. On March of 2016 my 16 year old daughter room was shoot at 6 times while she was sitting on her bed. I dont feel as our case was taken seriously with the police department or apartment complex because she wasnt shoot or hurt. The landlords moved us after two weeks of staying in the apartment that was shoot up. I need justice for my daughter so she can feel safe again

Your daughter, THANKFULLY wasn't harmed.
Your LL moved you to a new apartment, nor much more that the complex needed to do.
The police have been made aware of the crime, and are pursuing the perpetrator.
You don't get damages for what COULD have happened.

You are free, as are we all, to talk to three or four lawyers in your county.
Any lawyer stands ready to represent the interest of PAYING clients.
I suspect you'll need at least $1,500 to $2,000 to retain the services of a licensed lawyer to pursue whatever it is you require to seek justice.
Good luck.

Back