Our child, not at his best interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlewis405

I had a previous post about my childs father taking her for 2 weeks that no one was able to answer for me. But now I just have some concerning issues. I'm really not sure if I have a question. I just need to know what kind of options I have if any. My ex has had our 2 year old for almost 2 weeks now. He just started standard visitation in March, which is every other weekend. He has only excersied 3 of his weekends prior to this 2 week visit. Prior to the standard visitation her seen her very little, having 3-4 months between visits. Needless to say she does take to him very well and doens't want to go with him. When he picked her up last he had to lure her with candy. I try to talk to him when he picks her up about her habits so that its helpful to our daughter while she is with him. He refuses to listen and wants to do his own thing with her. He knows nothing about her, he just takes her and plays it by ear. In March the judge made him give me his cell number because I had no way of talking to him. These 2 weeks have been so hard on me, he refuses to return my calls and will not allow me to speak to my daughter. I know that she asks for me and I know this is hard on her too. I know i can't make him be a great dad or parent. But why should my daughter have to suffer because he chooses to not excersise his visits consistently and refuses to communicate with me about our daughter? The judge doesn't seem to think anything of his irregular visits, his answer to that is "thats his loss"

visitation modification

I am not an attorney but you need to go to court to get the visitation arrangement modified. He is definitely not acting in the best interest of the child. He is not consistent--your child obviously is experiencing some separation anxiety from you and he is not accomodating that. His refusal to accomodate that is only adding to the child's trauma. Furthermore, he does not have the right to cut off contact with you because you are the primary custodian and need to know that your child is safe.
I sat in on a case concerning separation anxiety and the judge did not allow the child to go with the father on a 4 day trip because the child simply suffered too much when s/he was separated from the mother.
You need to get the visitation modified if he is violating the original arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back