Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Oregon multiple A misdeameanor charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdgann

My husband situation is very confusing. Not sure what to do.

He has a record in Texas. He has two felonies and multiple misdemanors charges. All have been taken care of.

Now he moved to Oregon. (we are seperated) He gets arrested in Oregon. For the below

Ors 163-160 Assault IV
ORS 163.187 Strangulation
ORS 163.190 Menacing
ORS 166.065 Harassment

Ok..He is released on recog. Then he violates the protective order.

So he get a contempt of court added and two more ORS 166.065 Harassment charges. All of these are Class A misdemeanors.

He posted a $5000.00 cash bond and is out currently. Waiting on trial date.

I looked it up max 1 year JAIL and $6250.00.

What is he or we looking at with all these multiple charges?

Is Oregon going to pull his Texas criminal history prior to sentancing?

How does all these multiple Class A misdeameanor affect sentancing in Oregon?

If he leaves the state what does that do? Does it make it a felony?

Does Oregon extradite?

Any advice would be greatly appreciate.

"Is Oregon going to pull his Texas criminal history prior to sentancing? "
-Most likely.

"Does Oregon extradite? "
All States extradite to all other states. The only way to fight extradition is to argue that you aren't the person the other State wants. There are other countries that don't extradite, however.

Probably a good deal of importance for the sentencing is how much the victim went through, and what kind of punishment they want.

What do you think the maximum sentance they could give him? With his record in Texas I did not know how they sentance on 6 Class A misdeamenor's.

Can multiple misdeamenor's move it up to a felony charge?

I did not know if they run all these Class A misdeamenor concurrent or what. I expect he will do some jail time. Just wondering how much we are possible looking at.

I had heard that most states don't spend the money to extradite unless it is a felony. But that they could untrue.

Thanks so much for your help.

"Can multiple misdeamenor's move it up to a felony charge? "

Probably not. For example, DUIs in my State, the third one is a felony, though it's the same as the first and second crimes which were misdemeanors. If it is a felony, they will charge him as such. As he wasn't charged with a felony, I doubt it happening.

Sentences will run concurrent(All at the same time, as opposed to consecutive)

Extradition has to do with the state the crime was committed, if it will occur or not. I am aware of misdemeanor instances where someone charged was bussed from Florida to Michigan.

Best of Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back