Ordered an item from a retail store...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axenoix

Hello. I recently, before the holidays, bought a laptop computer from a local Circuit City.

The item was out-of-stock but could be ordered from their warehouse. So, days come

and I actually have to call to find out that the manufacturer discontinued the item. I had all

ready paid for this item days before and now there is no way I can get it now. They seem

to want to give me a refund but I refuse. Is there anything I could go about this legally?

Virtually, they did steal my money since I got nothing in return for it.:mad:

How do you propose that they could provide you with a product which is no longer manufactured, and thus no longer available to them. Have you been able to find it for sale anywhere else?

Axenoix said:
I had all ready paid for this item days before and now there is no way I can get it now. They seem to want to give me a refund but I refuse. Is there anything I could go about this legally?

Virtually, they did steal my money since I got nothing in return for it.
They did not "steal" anything from you. If you refuse to accept a refund, then ask to apply the amount paid towards another laptop. If you refuse both, then they should thank you for the donation to their corporation.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back