oral wish

Status
Not open for further replies.

ank101302

I need to know if it is legal to put the phrase "oral wish" into a will. My brother and I were listed in my grandmother's will but it states something about my aunt and uncle and says that they have the oral wish for me and my brother. My aunt says we get nothing, my uncle said that we are getting "screwed" on it, and the lawyer says he knows nothing about an oral wish. So is this legal to be in the will and if not does that mean we are put back into the will as normal, everything divded between the 4 of us? If not can this be contested since the lawyer says he doesn't know what it is?

I don't know what you are talking about either. You will need to post the exact wording from the will. You can obtain a copy from the probate court.

it states, "Second I leave all of my estate to my two surviving children (uncle's name) and (aunt's name) with the request that they follow my oral wishes regarding my two grandchildren (my name) and (my brother's name)."

I am guessing here, but I think she told them what she wanted them to do with the assets, property etc.. and she is stating that she wants them to do as she told them to do-- and If no one else knows what that is, they will do what they want. I think that is horrible, but they will have to answer to somone one day for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back