Opening my own car

M

Msa339

Jurisdiction
New York
Hello, I've a situation where i was having an intense argument with the landlord because i briefly stood in her building drive way for 5 minutes only without even blocking out her car. I had an intense argument with her, then i left her and went to sit on my already parked car to move it out. She followed me and opened my car door to prevent me from driving out and leaving her. She repeated opening my car door 2 times, everytime she forcibly opened the door, i closed it back and asked her to leave me to go out. At the third time i tried to move the car but she was able to open the door again and therefore she had a very minor hit by the opened door while i was pulling my car out. What is the legal position of both of us this situation ?

What is the legal position of both of us this situation ?

Your position might be a bit more tenuous than hers.
You admit to hitting her with your car door.
Even if she forgets this nasty business, as I suggest you do, you might find her unwilling to renew your lease.
Incidents such as you describe are simply unacceptable for a myriad of reasons.
Neither of you are toddlers, and as adults you are expected to possess the social skills to engage in everyday differences without resorting to shouting or violence.
You also don't describe a legal issue, yet.
If you were to take the lady a nice card or a handwritten note of apology, and a small gift, things could be smoothed over.
Someone needs to make the first move, why not you?
Apologize, let it go, and live your life.
Goodness knows there are far more drastic and horrible events that can befall us everyday that make a slight disagreement between two acquaintances insignificant by contrast.

Agreed.
I would try to make amends with the landlord AND start looking for a new residence.
The bridge may be burned. Plan ahead.

I would think that after the first time you would have LOCKED your car doors and been done with it.

You need to both start acting like adults instead of babies.

Back