Oops! Blackballed and Did Not Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjbrown11

I have had wonderful interviews and have been even told when I would start training, but then I never hear from again. I was told by a fellow employee before I even got let go from this job that I was being blackballed and I never believed what he was saying to me. He even told me that I should be looking for another job. I did not take this person serious enough and now 6 years later that job is haunting me from the past. I know that I just don't have to put on my resume, but I had 3 promotions from that job and did an outstanding job on the job with the clients and was very positive and proud of the job I did for this company. I was denied unemployment because of the way they let me go.

Please find attached a brief summary of what happened to me and is still happening to me. I need a lawyer to tape what they say to prospective employers that call. I have even tried calling them and asking them why they would not hire me and they released my records so I could see what the reason is.
As I state in the summary attached, that I was having excruciating pain and numbness since the 1980's and I kept going to doctors until one doctor spot the reason on my CAT scan and it was described by Dr. Augustine that by a piece a hair it would hit my spinal cord and I would be paralyzed for life and in a wheelchair. This freaked me out and I had the surgery and I have since then not been bothered with too much pain. The pain now, is pretty bearable and not quite as bad as it was. By me being my age now in my 50's the Scoliosis that I was born with got worse, the older I got. I also would have had what they call Kyphosis back if the surgery had not been performed. I was really not able to do my job without this surgery. If you check with Barnes Hospital, I have been complaining about this same pain and numbness since the 1980's or before and finally it has been curbed somewhat and I may have saved my own life by not giving up and finding a doctor that saw or read the xray correctly. It just goes to show you that all doctors are quite different in reading xrays, but I firmly believe that a first, second, third, fourth, etc. etc. opionion is what it takes if you know something is going on in your body that maybe nobody can see. Doctors cannot see everything especially when it is in the early stages. Anyway, I am not God, nor a doctor, but I am a human being, smart and intelligent female that knows my body and I am feeling good pretty much.

Please advise!

Last edited:
I don't know what you want us to say. You separated from this employer six years ago. It's very unlikely this employer is going out of their way to contact every company in the area to say "don't hire Mary, she's a terrible employee". And, unless you worked at this employer for a VERY short period of time, the prospective employer WILL question you about the gap in employment and WILL discover that you left this employer off your application; that alone, in this job market, will very likely get your application tossed.

I have no idea the circumstances of your termination, or what all that medical information has to do with it. The employer is allowed to give prospective employers who call for a reference the truth and/or their honestly-held opinion.

I don't know what exactly you think you would sue FOR. If you are in a small-to-medium sized community and/or a specialized industry or field of knowledge, employers are going to talk amongst themselves. The former employer responding to the prospective employer's query, "I'm considering hiring Mary Smith, what did you think of her?" is not blackballing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back