Online Stalking

K

kwkew38

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
I have a good friend of mine that is being harassed bad by an ex and she is posting things on stuff online that you cannot get things taken down. She creates new numbers through websites, sends things to his house, creates different email addresses, etc. He is married so it was an affair but he is in an open marriage so the wife does know. Now she is posting things about his wife like making a profile on a certain website. She turns around and does it to herself and claims it is him and it isn't. She claims she has gone to the local sheriffs office and reported it and that she is not doing it but its her. She makes fake profiles and it seems to be getting worse. He has kids and doesn't think there is anything that can be done about it. I am worried for his safety and for the safety of his family. I maybe watch to much lifetime and dateline but it seems like he has a real problem on his hands.

I have a good friend of mine that is being harassed bad by an ex and she is posting things on stuff like report my ex and damaging websites that you cannot get things taken down. She creates new numbers through websites, sends things to his house, creates different email addresses, etc. He is married so it was an affair but he is in an open marriage so the wife does know. Now she is posting things about his wife like making a profile on the the ashley maddison website. She turns around and does it to herself and claims it is him and it isn't. She claims she has gone to the local sheriffs office and reported it and that she is not doing it but its her. She makes fake profiles and it seems to be getting worse. He has kids and doesn't think there is anything that can be done about it. I am worried for his safety and for the safety of his family. I maybe watch to much lifetime and dateline but it seems like he has a real problem on his hands.

Is there a question here? Can anyone prove she's posting things on these websites? I'm not sure what you're asking about here.

Is there anything that can be done is the question? Restraining order? It's her but she is good at covering her tracks. She is sending crazy amount of emails and texts and that he knows is from her and she uses one of those websites to get new numbers. She sends stuff to his work phone and work email address. Sent a package to his house, threatened to send pics and toys if you will, his kids live there. She is straight up a stalker. He tried to hire a company to get to the bottom of an email that was sent and it came from the library where she works but couldn't be proved it was her. Its all here-say bc its all online with the exception of the emails, texts, and package. Which was a Christmas present but meant for the wife to open with a note to him. She is crazy.

Is there anything that can be done is the question? Restraining order? It's her but she is good at covering her tracks. She is sending crazy amount of emails and texts and that he knows is from her and she uses one of those websites to get new numbers. She sends stuff to his work phone and work email address. Sent a package to his house, threatened to send pics and toys if you will, his kids live there. She is straight up a stalker. He tried to hire a company to get to the bottom of an email that was sent and it came from the library where she works but couldn't be proved it was her. Its all here-say bc its all online with the exception of the emails, texts, and package. Which was a Christmas present but meant for the wife to open with a note to him. She is crazy.

Why do you care?

It's not you doing that stupid stuff.

She'll eventually get nabbed.

In the meantime, pop your popcorn, enjoy your favorite beverage, stay out of her mess, enjoy the drama.

If he has proof that she's harassing him he can go try to file for one. It's up to the judge but he has to have proof.

If he has no concrete proof she is making up fake profiles or putting damaging information about him online than he can't do squat except ignore it. Return packages he gets that are from unknown senders.

YOU can't do anything anyway. So just don't worry about it. If this was one of my friends I'd tell them what they could do but I wouldn't get much more involved. I might go find the girl and give her a "friendly" nudge to back off. But you can't do anything. He can't do anything. Perhaps he needs to be more selective with who he has into his "open" marriage.

Just be careful kwkew38, maybe you don't have all the facts. He is a married man cheating. You don't want charges for harrassment or assault yourself. What if it's not her? You will look like the bad guy and may even be arrested. Is he worth that risk? You honestly sound a little crazy yourself, especially for getting involved in something that doesn't concern you.
I would take the advice of staying out of it, If you are hot for him, he's married. Find a nice single guy and stay out of "bc he is my friend" drama. He may be lying to cover something up. Something you shouldn't get involved in.
Going on assumptions, half truths, and skewed opinions is not suggested. If you have concrete proof, then he has something to warrent a restraining order. If not, I would tread lightly.
It sounds like it is his and his wifes problem and really none of your business. Walk away and don't get involved.

Back