on-site copying of the media or information, and not to any later off-site copying or review

Nobleman

Jurisdiction
Delaware
Rule 41 stating that the time for executing a warrant "refers to the seizure or on-site copying of the media or information, and not to any later off-site copying or review."
Can someone elaborate this, once an officer seiZE a medium bz default that mean it would be taken from there then it become off -site. !!
I do understand on site copying but seizeng no !

It simply states that electronics seized on-site may be searched off-site at a later time.
Rarely would any copying occur on-site as the means and technology to do so is likely at another location.

This is a federal rule by the way, but the same is true for my state and likely most others if not all.

It simply states that electronics seized on-site may be searched off-site at a later time.
Rarely would any copying occur on-site as the means and technology to do so is likely at another location.

This is a federal rule by the way, but the same is true for my state and likely most others if not all.
SO what would it be seiying electronic on site vs off -site copying and rewiev .
Basically if a police officer seize a media on - site (at defendant home) he has 14 days to examine the material ?
COuld you elaborate me this

The warrant must command the officer to:
(i) execute the warrant within a specified time no longer than 14 days;
(B) Warrant Seeking Electronically Stored In-
formation.

Unless otherwise specified, the warrant authorizes a later review of the media or information consistent with the warrant. The time for executing the warrant in Rule 41(e)(2)(A) and (f)(1)(A) refers to the seizure or on-site copy ing of the media or information, and not to any later off-site copying or review.

The warrant must be executed within 14 days of it being authorized. This is the time they have to find and seize the items they are interested in. That has nothing to do with the time it may be held by police for review after they obtain it.

SO what would it be seiying electronic on site vs off -site copying and rewiev .
Basically if a police officer seize a media on - site (at defendant home) he has 14 days to examine the material ?
COuld you elaborate me this

The warrant must command the officer to:
(i) execute the warrant within a specified time no longer than 14 days;
(B) Warrant Seeking Electronically Stored In-
formation.

Unless otherwise specified, the warrant authorizes a later review of the media or information consistent with the warrant. The time for executing the warrant in Rule 41(e)(2)(A) and (f)(1)(A) refers to the seizure or on-site copy ing of the media or information, and not to any later off-site copying or review.

You need to retain an attorney if this became part of your life.
You also should only speak to your lawyer about this.

Back