Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Old DUI Felony and trying to get a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heatherbrowning

I am trying to get a job, and if my dui that i got feb 2006 convicted 2006 shows up as a felony on a background check, i will not get hired. I looked up my case on the ca docket report and this is what it says
Case ID: FCR230848 - FIRSTNAME LASTNAME
Filing Date: Monday , March 06th, 2006
Type: FF - Fairfield Felony

What the heck does this mean? How do I expunge this on my record?

You can't expunge it.

It might be eligible for expungement through the court of your conviction pursuant to CA Penal Code 1203.4.

Google it, and check the court's website for additional information on expungement.

It isn't easy, and it isn't quick, if it is at all possible.

You might wish to speak with a lawyer in your area for additional clarification.

The initial consultation is often free of charge.

Oh yeah, essentially it means exactly what you related, you have a felony conviction.

There are only THREE situations when an otherwise "simple" California DUI can be charged as a felony DUI offense.

A California drunk driving charge may result in a felony filing if:

1) Your DUI caused injury or death to another,

2) You had (3) THREE or more prior DUI or "wet reckless" convictions within a ten-year period,

3) You had at least ONE (1) prior felony DUI conviction.

I don't need to know any more.

I suggest you get busy reaching out to a lawyer.

At this point, you're going to need a lawyer if you want a slim chance of getting an expungment.

With less than FIVE (5) years having passed since your conviction, I doubt you'll qualify or convince the court to expunge your conviction.

You also need to KNOW that when (or if) you apply for the expungement, the persecutor and the victim's family will likely oppose you!

I am trying to get a job, and if my dui that i got feb 2006 convicted 2006 shows up as a felony on a background check, i will not get hired. I looked up my case on the ca docket report and this is what it says

Last edited:

What state are you in?

You might be eligible for some form of expungement. Though this becomes less likely if you have multiple priors.

But, expungement and options are state specific.

What state are you in?

You might be eligible for some form of expungement. Though this becomes less likely if you have multiple priors.

But, expungement and options are state specific.

I believe she is asking about your state.

That is why I referred to your CAL statutes.

I believe she is asking about your state.

That is why I referred to your CAL statutes.
But, I have never heard the term "Fairfield Felony" and that's what throws me. If it refers to the type of court, well, there is a Solano County Superior Court in Fairfield, CA, and the criminal courts there are not referred to as "felony" courts, so the term leads me to believe it may not be in CA.

But, I have never heard the term "Fairfield Felony" and that's what throws me. If it refers to the type of court, well, there is a Solano County Superior Court in Fairfield, CA, and the criminal courts there are not referred to as "felony" courts, so the term leads me to believe it may not be in CA.

I'm guessing Fairfield City in Salerno County.

Who knows?

I'm sure the OP will be back.

A check of Solano County Court records indicate that Superior Court cases originating out of the Fairfield Branch of the begin with "FCR" so you may well be right. But, it would be helpful to know for certain.

If so, I agree that someone with sufficient prior DUIs to qualify for a felony is highly unlikely to convince a court to grant the petition for expungement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back