Old Boss Contacted New Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsnot

I worked for Company X and was on FMLA. Company X overpaid me during my FMLA because my manager did not code my leave correctly. I came back to work for Company X for 2 weeks - then gave notice and am now working for Company Y. I have been in contact with payroll from Company X regarding repayment of the FMLA overpayment, which I have agreed to pay back - no problem. It has not been on the top of my list and my last communication with them was 2 weeks ago. My former boss at Company X has now contacted my new boss at Company Y and has said: "can you encourage her to do the "right thing" and pay the money back, and "Don't you think Company X is going to let this go" This has all happened within 8 weeks.
Thank goodness I have a decent relationship with my new boss at Company Y - although I don't know if this will impact my future standing with my current company.
I personally do not think what Company X - ExBoss did was ethical or professional - but was it illegal? Do I have a legal leg to stand on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back