Parole, Probation Ohio Probation Violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

abc13052

A person in Ohio is sentenced to 30 days in jail. 13 served, 17 suspended, and 1 year of probation.

If this person violates probation, what is the MAXIMUM time they could be incarcerated?

Much Thanks

If this person violates probation, what is the MAXIMUM time they could be incarcerated?

Could be serving the full jail time, extra probation . . . or the
death penalty . . . depends on the violation

I guess what I'm asking is, can the probation time be given as jail time?

It depends. Sometimes a 1 year misdemeanor has 24 months probation. They can't exceed the maximum permissable. So, as it's a misdemeanor, it can be a maximum of 93 days or 365 days.

OF course if the probation violation was a crime that can change things.

Also, depending on how things go, it's unlikely but the defendant can get credited for times served, probation revoked. . .

All kinds of possibilities.

Upon re-reading it, I should mention that the odds of them getting a maximum above 17 days in jail is slim. Probably hope for 17 days in jail, probation revoked. . . again, a lot of possibilities. . .

The misdemeanor is the lowest in Ohio. It carries only 30 days, but they're thinking, if and when, the probation is revoked that the Judge will give some of the probation time as jail time.

I'm certain they understand there are a lot of possibilities and I know a Judge can pretty much do whatever they want. Just wondering if the above is permissible by law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back