Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Officers seized important documents i was never arrested how can i get my documents ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky16v

:confused:Hi I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with my question. i have no money for a lawyer and i dont know what is going on with this situation. I had officers come to my home with a warrant and search my home they seized important documents like my passport, my wifes passport, and my mothers also other things like money and other documents. It's been about a year and a few months since that and i did send a letter requesting my documents. I just recently received a notice to return the money but nothing on my documents. I called the number on the letter and they told me that my documents were being held by ICE and they will have them contact me. Just yesterday I received a call for an appointment to come in. Could this be they want to return my documents or what could possibly be going on?

Well, it could be that they want to talk to you about those documents. It could be that they are going to return them and you have sign for them ... it could be that they have proof of a crime and want to interview you ... etc. Many things COULD be going on.

If anything unlawful was going on, you may not want to go in without talking to an attorney. If you are on the up and up, then maybe you should go in. Your call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back